Setting up the integration
Before you start
If you're integrating with breathe HR using a RotaCloud account you've been using before, there are a couple of things to bear in mind:
- Before setting up the integration, ensure that all employees' names match on both systems, and that each employee's email address is registered in RotaCloud. If there are discrepancies, the integration will create duplicate employees in RotaCloud.
- When the integration is set up, all existing Leave records in RotaCloud will be deleted and replaced with the Leave calendar from breathe HR.
Step 1: Create your API key
In RotaCloud, click the cog icon in the top-right, then click API Keys. Then click the blue Plus button to create a new API key. Name it whatever you like (something like 'breathe HR' is best) and click Create.
Step 2: Enter your API key into breathe HR
Once you have created your API key, log on to your breathe HR account and go to Configure>Settings>RotaCloud
You will then need to enter your API key and click 'Enable'.
Step 3: Enter breathe HR API key into RotaCloud
The final step of the integration is to take the production API key from breathe HR and enter it into RotaCloud.
To do this, in your breathe HR account, go to Configure>Settings and select API Setup. Click 'Enable' and then copy the production API key.
Once you have copied this, go to your RotaCloud account and go to Settings>Integrations>breatheHR and select 'Link Account'.
Enter you API key in the box provided and click 'Link Accounts'
Managing the systems
What should I do in each system?
- Creation of Employees and assigning of email addresses
- Managing Leave
- Creation of Locations and Roles
- Assigning employees to Locations and Roles
- It's possible to bulk-delete employees from RotaCloud. However, you will not be able to delete the Admin user.
- You will not be able to delete your breathe HR account unless the RotaCloud integration is disabled.