To change the type of notifications you receive from RotaCloud, via various channels, open the RotaCloud app, open the side menu, and tap Notification Preferences.
This page allows you to decide which notifications to receive via which channels. Each notification can be received by Email or Push (mobile). Additionally, if your company has enabled SMS Notifications, you can receive updates via text message.
To enable or disable a notification type, simply tap the switch to toggle it. Your notification preferences will be updated instantly.
Please note that push notifications are sent to all devices you're signed into RotaCloud on, so enabling any push notifications on this page will apply for all your devices.
Additional Notification Settings for Android 8.0 'Oreo' and above
In Android 8.0 'Oreo', new options were introduced for greater customisation of notifications. The RotaCloud app has built-in support for this, so you can change a number of settings related to different types of notifications, including whether a sound should play, the priority, and whether your phone should vibrate. You can also block certain notification types specifically for the device in question.
If your device is running Android 8.0 'Oreo' or above, you can access these settings using one of the below methods:
- Go to the Notification Preferences page in the RotaCloud app, tap the 'Information' icon in the top-right, and tap 'Go to Settings'.
- Go to your device's settings, then Apps. Find RotaCloud in the list and tap App Notifications (may vary by device).
On this screen you will see the notification types which are offered by RotaCloud. If you're signed into multiple company accounts on RotaCloud, this screen will show notifications types for each company account.
From here you can block/unblock each notification type using the switches. Tapping on a notification type will give you access to a number of other settings for that notification type, including:
- Importance: The importance setting determines what happens when a notification is received, ranging from Low (no sound or interruption) to Urgent (play a sound and display an on-screen popup).
- Sound: Allows you to change the sound that plays when this notification type is received.
- Vibrate: Allows you to specify whether or not your device should vibrate upon receipt of this notification type.
There may be more options here depending on your device and operating system.