RotaCloud allows you to specify a location for your workplace - and a radius around it within which your Employees are permitted to clock in. You can also specify that staff can only clock in with their mobile app once connected to the workplace WiFi.
This is a great way of ensuring your staff can only clock in once they've arrived at work.
Please Note - It is important that you only use this setting if you have a static IP address. If you are unsure please check with your internet service provider.
It applies on both your terminals and the mobile app, and each timesheet record will come with a location attachment showing you where the clock-in and clock-out took place.
To set this up, you need to add an address for your Location.
- Go to Company → Locations.
- Click the Location you want to restrict.
- Enter the full address of the Location into the Address field. Blue dots should appear.
- Wait for a map to load. Once the map has loaded, check that the red pin is pointing at the right place. If not, try changing the Address.
Once your Location’s address is set up, you will need to choose if you wish to use GPS restriction, IP address restriction, or both.
- Check the box next to ‘Restrict clock in to the location address, with specified range’ to enable GPS-based restriction.
- Choose your radius using the drop-down menu labelled 'Employees can clock in/out from'. You may need to choose a different radius depending on the size of the workplace.
- The radius will show on the map as a blue circle.
- Click Save.
- Check the box next to ‘Restrict clock in to a specific IP address’ to enable IP-address-based restriction.
- Enter your workplace’s IP address(es) in the field below. If you want to allow clock-ins from multiple IP addresses, separate them with a comma.
- These IP addresses must be static, to prevent them from changing and preventing all staff from clocking in. Please speak to your Internet Service Provider to ensure you have a static IP address.
- Click Save.