If you're having trouble with mobile clock-ins, there are a few steps you can use to try and resolve the issue.
Check the device's location services
If the problem is isolated to a limited number of employees, it's likely that the employee's mobile device is not set up to share its location with RotaCloud.
- Go to the iPhone Settings app.
- Go to Privacy.
- Ensure Location services are enabled.
- Go back to the main Settings screen.
- Scroll down and find RotaCloud, then tap it.
- Tap Location.
- Select 'When using the app'.
Android (may vary by device)
- Go to the Settings app
- Find Location in the list
- Ensure it is switched On and is in High Accuracy mode (if applicable)
- Go back to the main Settings screen
- Find Apps and tap it
- Find RotaCloud in the list and tap it
- Ensure RotaCloud has location access.
Check your Location's address and radius
If the above steps don't work, the problem may be due to incorrect Location address settings. To check and fix this, do the following:
- Open RotaCloud on a non-mobile device (ie. PC or laptop).
- Go to Company → Locations.
- Click the Location your staff are having trouble clocking into.
- Check that the red pin on the map is pointing at your company's location.
- If it is, try increasing the clock in radius using the drop-down menu underneath the map.
- If the red pin is in the wrong location, try changing the address in the Address field to make sure the pin is in the right place. If you can't get the pin into the right place, get it as near as possible then increase the radius to cover the correct location.
Get in touch
If you've tried both these fixes for clocking in from mobile phones and you are still experiencing problems, get in touch with us via Live Chat and we can look into it for you.